This week on Code Delicious with Dr. Mike, Culinary CPR; Dr, Mike and Chef Luca Paris celebrate that most wonderful prize of all things poultry, confit. This week’s newsletter dives into ALL things confit, but here’s the real dish & recipe!
What-you are not subscribed to the newsletter?! Scroll on down and get on board, matey! It’s FREE and only newsletter subscribers will get the free monograph series, The Food Shaman’s Guide to Elemental Eating, companion guides to the forthcoming book (June 12th, 2018).
- 4 duck legs
- Aromatics for Confit:
Several sprigs fresh thyme 1 shallots, rough chop
2 bay leaves 3 cloves garlic
½ sprig of sage
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees, In a roasting pan place aromatics on the bottom.
2. Place the duck legs intertwining, over the aromatics.
3. Using all fat from the breakdown of the whole ducks, cover the duck legs completely.
4. Cover with parchment paper, then foil tightly.
5. Cook for 4 hours, or until the meat easily breaks away from the bone.
6. When cooled, take duck legs out of the fat, and strain fat.
7. Discard liquid, keep all fat.