If you have not tuned in to Cooking from the Heart, the amazing and entertaining cooking show featuring Forbes Riley and myself just hit the link below to catch the latest episode.
For those just coming over from the FMG site and looking for the cool, refreshing slightly spicy flavor bomb that is the watermelon and cucumber soup , the recipe is below. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook (whatscookingwithDoc) and follow us on Twitter-(@WCWD) and spread the word!
Watermelon and Cucumber Soup
- · 1 four to five pound watermelon
- · 3 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- · juice of 1 lime
- · 1 tsp. lime zest
- · 1 Tbs. fresh minced ginger
- · 2 roasted poblano peppers, chopped
- · 1 ½ tsp. Mexican chili powder
- · ½ tsp. salt
- · feta cheese slices or crumbles, for garnish
- · mint, for garnish
Remove the flesh from the watermelon. Combine the watermelon and all the remaining ingredients except for the garnish in a food processor and blend. Remove and chill in the refrigerator for several hours, preferably overnight. Serve with feta and make garnish.