“Just good food from fresh ingredients.”
I am delighted to announce that we will be holding the first-ever National Culinary Medicine Symposium at The University of Montana in Missoula, Montana in the summer of 2023. This is co-sponsored by the University of Montana (and the Big Sky Culinary Institute at Missoula College) and the American Culinary Federation in association with California State University-Northridge (The Marilyn Magaram Center for Food Science Nutrition and Dietetics), Buffalo Niagara Medical Center, Kalamazoo Valley Community College, The Georgia Heart Institute, The State University of New York at Erie, and IMBAS.
The symposium will be held at Missoula College in Missoula, Montana and the tentative program will begin Friday evening and feature a reception and keynote address. The event on Saturday will feature food demonstrations, expert panel discussions, and live audience Q&A. The theme of the symposium is an observation from the inimitable Julia Child, “You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients.” It turns out that simply avoiding all that ultra-processed food is what really makes the difference between health and wellness or disability and disease. It really is that simple. The conference is designed for everybody!
Dates will be available soon to reserve your seat to join us next summer at the Culinary Medicine table to learn all the “hows” and “whys”!
Dates are coming soon, and in the interim there is a list of hotels for your reference included further below. Missoula tends to sell out in the summer, so I suggest you make your travel plans as soon as dates are posted.
The Event: National Culinary Medicine Symposium: “Just good food from fresh ingredients! ”
When: Summer 2023
Where: Missoula College, The University of Montana; Missoula, Montana
Registration Link Coming Soon!
“Food is everything we are. It’s an extension of nationalist feeling, ethnic feeling, your personal history, your province, your region, your tribe, your grandma. It’s inseparable from those from the get-go.” – Anthony Bourdain
Missoula, Montana Hotels (This is a partial list)
Near the airport: roughly 10 to 15-minute uber ride to Missoula College
- Marriott Courtyard: 4559 N. Reserve St.
- WoodSpring suites (has a kitchen): 3035 Stockyard Rd.
- Hilton Garden Inn: 3720 N. Reserve St.
- Holiday Inn Express (IHG hotel): 150 Expressway Boulevard
- Best Western Plus – Grant Creek: 5280 Grant Creek Rd.
- Staybridge suites (IHG hotel; has a kitchen): 120 Expressway Boulevard
- La Quinta Inn (Wyndham Hotel): 5059 N. Reserve St.
- Super Eight (Wyndham Hotel): 4703 N. Reserve St.
- Motel 6: 3035 Expo Pkwy.
- TownPlace Suites (Marriott Hotel, has a kitchen): 3055 Stockyard Rd.
- Stonecreek Lodge: 5145 Airway Blvd.
- Comfort Inn: 4805 N. Reserve St.
Downtown Missoula: roughly 5 minute uber ride to Missoula College
- Holiday Inn downtown (IHG hotel): 200 S. Pattee Street. 406.
- Residence Inn downtown (Marriott Hotel; has kitchen): 125 N. Pattee St.
- AC hotel (Marriott Hotel): 175 N. Pattee St.
Missoula College area: walking distance to Missoula College (5 to 15 minute walk)
- Comfort Inn University (five-minute walk): 1021 E. Broadway St.
- Motel 6 University (10 minute walk): 630 E. Broadway St.
- Days Inn University (Wyndham Hotel 10 minute walk): 744 E. Broadway St.
- Finn’s Doubletree (Hilton Hotel; 15 minute walk): 100 Madison Ave.