Chef Dr. Mike’s Middle Eastern Spice Blend
Using herbs and spices are the key to creating vibrant, tasty, and healthful flavor profiles. Much of the modern Western diet’s pre-prepared offerings rely on layer upon layer of sugar, salt, and fat. the idea is to create an addictive consumption by numbing your sense of taste. Real foods accented with spices and herbs helps us recapture our taste buds. Additionally, spices and herbs contain powerful phytochemicals and bioactives that yield huge health benefits.
- 3 Tbs + 1 tsp. Sweet Paprika
- 2 Tbs + 1 tsp. ground Coriander
- 2 Tbs Sumac
- 2 Tbs dried Parsley
- 1 Tbs + 1 tsp. dried Thyme
- 2 tsp. ground Cumin
- 2 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. ground Clove
- 1 tsp. ground Cardamom (optional)
- 1/8 tsp. ground Mastic (optional)
Combine all ingredients, blend well.