Watermelon and Cucumber Soup
Watermelon, originally native to West Africa, is a refreshing summer treat. In addition to the pleasure the juicy, sweet fruit provides, it serves as a wonderful source of Vitamin C, carotenoids, lycopene, and Cucurbitacin E.
- 1 four to five-pound watermelon
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1 Tbs. fresh minced ginger
- 2 roasted poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. Mexican chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- feta cheese slices or crumbles, for garnish
- mint, for garnish
Remove the flesh from the watermelon. Combine the watermelon and all the remaining ingredients except for the garnish in a food processor and blend. Remove and chill in the refrigerator for several hours, preferably overnight. Serve with feta and mint garnish.